Location:On or off site
Programme Duration:1 Day
Programme Aim:To teach workers the skills necessary to carry out the rescue of an injured/fallen worker from a Tower Crane.
Learning Objectives:At the end of this course, participants will:
- Understand the importance of a swift rescue response in the event of an accident on a Crane.
- Be able to demonstrate ability to use a D Rope rescue kit, to lower a casualty to the ground, to rescue a casualty from a ladder, and carry out a rescue of a worker suspended on a lanyard.
- Understand dangers of harness induced suspension trauma.
- Understand the importance of casualty handling and management during the rescue phase, and post rescue.
- The participant will also understand the need for regular practice of the skills learnt.
Training Method:Theory session followed by clear demonstrations by instructor of skills in a practical environment, followed by practical exercises for participants.
Participant Profile:Individuals whose work will require them to climb on Tower Cranes, or to respond to an incident on a crane.
- 6 per session.