This is a half day Power Pallet Truck Training course designed to provide the course participants with the appropriate knowledge to recognise the hazards and dangers of working with Motorised Pallet Trucks.
Who Should Attend?Staff who will be operating pallet trucks as part of their job.
Course Objectives:On completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Know the legislation and guidance applicable.
- Be aware of safe movement principles.
- Know how to correctly load the truck.
- Be aware of hazards associated with pallet truck operations.
- Use the pallet truck without endangering themselves and others.
- List the steps to take effective maintenance.
- Relative Legislation.
- Explanations of principle behind Pallet Truck.
- How to deal with pallet loads.
- Battery care and general maintenance.
- Pre-use checks.
- Practical exercise and assessment of skills.
Training Methods:Classroom presentation on multimedia, supplemented by videos, and flipchart discussions throughout the course. Course handouts, training records, evaluation forms are also provided and used. A practical exercise and assessment also take place.
- Maximum of 4 participants.
- Half day duration.