This is a one-day course in Over Head Crane.
Who Should Attend?Staff who will be operating overhead cranes (OHC) as part of their job.
Course Objectives:On completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Know the legislation and guidance applicable.
- Be aware of safe movement principles.
- Know how to correctly load the OHC.
- Be aware of hazards associated with OHC operations.
- Use the OHC without endangering themselves and others.
- List the steps to take effective maintenance.
- Complete safe rigging practices
- Use of controls
- Travel correctly with OHC
- Relative Legislation.
- Explanations of principle behind OHC.
- How to deal with loads.
- General maintenance.
- Pre-use checks.
- Practical exercise and assessment of skills.
Training Methods:Classroom presentation on multimedia, supplemented by videos, and flipchart discussions throughout the course. Course handouts, training records, evaluation forms are also provided and used. A practical exercise and assessment also take place.
- Maximum of 8 participants.
- One-day duration.