This is a half-day training course on lawnmowers.
Who Should Attend?People who will be operating lawnmowers as part of their job.
Course Objectives:On completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Know the legislation and guidance applicable.
- Be aware of safe movement principles.
- Know how to sharpen and change the blade where applicable.
- Select the correct type of mower for the job in hand.
- Be aware of hazards associated with operations.
- Use the machine without endangering themselves and others.
- List the steps to take effective maintenance.
- Relative Legislation.
- Explanations of principle behind such machines.
- How to deal with unforeseen circumstances.
- Correct cutting techniques.
- General maintenance.
- Pre-use checks.
- Practical exercise and assessment of skills.
Training Methods:Classroom presentation on multimedia, supplemented by videos, and flipchart discussions throughout the course. Course handouts, training records, evaluation forms are also provided and used. A practical exercise and assessment also take place.
- Maximum of 6 participants.
- One-day duration.