Duration of the course will depend on the experience of the trainee. We offer training on all forktruck types including: Counterbalance, Reach Trucks, Narrow Aisle (Bendi), Sideloader, Reach Stacker, Moffett Mounty, 4 Way Directional Steer (Combi-Lift), Telescopic Forklift, Man Up Order Picker, etc.
Who Should Attend?Staff who will be operating forktrucks as part of their job.
Course Objectives:On completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Know the legislation and guidance applicable.
- Be aware of safe movement principles.
- Know how to correctly load the forktruck.
- Be aware of hazards associated with forktruck operations.
- Use the forktruck without endangering themselves and others.
- List the steps to take effective maintenance.
- Relative Legislation.
- Explanations of principle behind forktrucks.
- How to deal with pallet loads.
- Battery care and general maintenance.
- Refuelling procedures.
- Pre-use checks.
- Practical exercise and assessment of skills.
Training Methods:Classroom presentation on multimedia, supplemented by videos, and flipchart discussions throughout the course. Course handouts, training records, evaluation forms are also provided and used. A practical exercise and assessment also take place.
- Maximum of 3 participants.
- One-day duration.