Working at Heights Instructor & Harness / Lanyard Inspection Course
Learning Outcomes:Candidates will learn the necessary skills and knowledge to instruct people in safe Working at Height practices and to qualify them to inspect and certify Personnel Harness & Lanyard Systems to a GA1 Standard (Report of Thorough Examination)
Course Duration:1 day
Maximum Number of Learners:10
Candidate Requirements:A good understanding of both oral and written English. We highly recommend Candidates have or complete a QQI Level 6 Training Qualification, especially if they intend delivering instruction or training on a commercial basis.
Certification and Accreditation:Successful Candidates will receive Working at Height Instructors and Harness / Lanyard Inspection Card and Certificate of Successful Completion for 5 years.
Resource Material:Candidates who successfully complete all practical and theory assessments will be provided with all material required to deliver Working at Heights Instruction and perform Harness / Lanyard Inspections to a GAI Standard. Material will include PowerPoint, Course Notes, Health & Safety Legislation in relation to Working at Heights and WAH Equipment Certification, Trainee Assessment Sheets, Inspection Sheets and more. Modules Include:
- Legislation in relation to Health & Safety, Working at Heights and Lifting Equipment Inspection and Certification
- Working at Height Definition
- Ladder Safety Awareness
- Working Safely on Roofs
- Working at Height from MEWPS
- Mobile Access Towers Safety Awareness
- Scaffolding Safety Awareness
- Excavations in relation to Working at Height
- Fall Arrest and Fall Restraint Systems
- Risk Assessments for Working at Height
- Suspension Trauma and Rescue Plans
- Inspection, Auditing and Certification of Harness / Lanyard Systems to GA1 Standard.