Fire Safety & Warden Instructor Training Course
Module 1 – Fire Safety / Science:
- Nature and behavior of fire
- Nature and behavior of smoke
- Fire prevention & management
- Human Factor – Behavioral issues with people regarding fire alarms & emergencies.
Module 2 – Classes of Fire and Fire Extinguishing Methods & Equipment:
- Classes of fire
- Inspection of Fire Extinguishers
- Maintenance of Fire Extinguishers
- The Selection and Use of Fire Extinguishers
- Participants will then be trained in the practical use of extinguishers
- Fire Detection and Alarms (Overview)
- Active and Passive Fire Systems
- Fire Blankets
- Fire Hose Reels
Module 3 – Role of Fire Warden & Emergency Procedures
- Pre–fire / post-fire duties of the Fire Warden
- General Emergency Plans and Evacuation Procedures
- Design and documentation of Fire Evacuation Plans & Records.
- Identifying and Managing Personal Emergency Evacuation Plans (PEEPS).
- Fire Drills – Running, Management & Evaluation of Fire Drills.
Module 4 – Running a Fire Safety & Fire Warden Course
- Trainee will give a presentation on a course topic.
- Review of resource material.
- Instructor & trainee feedback and evaluation.
Programme Outcomes:The Learning Outcomes are grouped into the following units:
- Legislative Requirements and Health Benefit
- Anatomy and Back Care
- Ergonomic Principles and Risk Assessment
- Manual Handling Principles and Techniques
- Planning and Design of Manual Handling Training Programmes.
- Delivery of Manual Handling Training
- Participants will complete a practical Fire Risk Assessment as part of their assessment.
- Each participant will give a practical demonstration in the use of a foam and CO2 fire extinguisher.
- A written assessment will also be given at the end of the course.