Over the 4 days the Candidates who successfully complete this course will learn the skills and knowledge to successfully deliver MEWP Operator Training and Instruction.
Maximum Number of Learners:
All candidates must have a good understanding of oral and written English. Training Qualification to QQI Level 6 or equivalent is highly recommended. Candidates may attend the MEWPS Instructor Course without having a training qualification and they will receive a Certificate of Attendance on completion of course.
Certification and Accreditation:
Candidates who produce proof of their QQI level 6 Training Qualification within 6 months of successfully completing the MEWP Instructors Course will receive MEWP Instructors Card and Certificate of Successful Completion.
Candidates who successfully complete all practical and theory assessments will be provided with all material required to deliver a MEWPS Operator Training Course including PowerPoint, Course Notes, Health & Safety Legislation, Trainee Assessment Sheets and more.
Post Training Support:
We will provide post training support and advice. We encourage our participants to actively participate in MEWP Operator Training Courses that we ourselves run, to help them gain confidence and experience in delivering their own MEWP Operator Training and Instruction.
- Legislation in relation to Health & Safety and Working at Heights
- Harness & Lanyard Safety
- Working at Height Training from MEWPS including Trauma Suspension and Rescue Plans
- MEWP Categories
- Safe Operation of MEWPS including Pre-Use Inspections and Operations
- Identifying Risks and Hazards associated with MEWPS
- Spotter Training – Safety Awareness and Responsibilities
- Refuelling & Maintenance
- Operator Theory and Practical Assessments