It is the law that you must have an abrasive wheel certificate in order to change the wheel on your grinder, consaw etc. Employers have a duty of care to ensure that all employees are adequately trained and capable of carrying out the tasks assigned to them. The Abrasive Wheel course helps employers meet their legal duties, as a schedule of training is a legal requirement for all those who mount abrasive wheels. Practical demonstrations and exercises are at the core of this course.
- Legislation related to Abrasive Wheels
- Accidents involving Abrasive wheels
- Types of abrasive Wheels
- Manufacture of Abrasive Wheels
- Information on Abrasive Wheels
- Handling & Storage of Abrasive Wheels
- Components of abrasive Wheels
- Noise, Vibration and Dust Regulations.
- Dressing & trueing of Abrasive Wheels
- Structuring an Abrasive Wheels training course
- Delivering an Abrasive Wheels course
- Assessing learners knowledge and skills.
Resource Materials:We will supply a USB Memory Stick to all trainees containing all the materials required for them to deliver their own Abrasive Wheels Safety Awareness Training. This will include:
- Abrasive Wheels Safety Awareness Course PowerPoint
- Trainee Theory and Practical Assessment Sheets
- Case Studies and photos of abrasive wheel accidents and incidents
- H.S.A. links and content for Health & Safety Legislation in Ireland in relation to Abrasive Wheels.
- A good understanding of written and oral English.
- Wear comfortable clothes.